[CQ-Contest] QSL Practices and ZK1ETW

To: ik2dzn@astorri.it, cq-contest@contesting.com,DX List <dx-list@yahoogroups.com>, DX-QSL <dx-qsl@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSL Practices and ZK1ETW
From: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 17:27:23 -0800
Bill,

I agree with Claudio.  Even if a person uses the Buro you still have
printing costs plus the cost to send a box of cards to the ARRL to be
sent out, plus the time involved.
All my Buro cards are from me making replies to QSL requests I received
VIA the buro.  I just sent a 4 lb box off to the ARRL at a cost of $8.00
per lb.  That was 6 months worth of cards.  I am catching up on a big
batch of cards I received via my home call for contests I did from the
Philippines.  Included were almost 100 SWL cards.

However, if I need the other guys card I will send him my request direct
with a SASE, SAE with GS or IRC, depending on the country.

There is one op who has traveled to several rare IOTA's in OC-159,
OC-013, and OC-083.  When you look him up on qrz.com he states he does
not print QSL cards.  He states if you want a QSL to go to eqsl.com and
look for his eqsl to you there.  Then print out the eqsl card and mail
it to him in Sweden with a SAE and GS's and he will verify the contact
and send you back the eqsl card.  I have worked him in Oct 2001 and
again in Oct 2005 and have never seen a eqsl for me posted.  He also
states that he will NOT reply to any direct QSL requests as he has no
cards to send out.  Check it out yourself at www.qrz.com/zk1etw.  I
could live with his special requests IF he did post his contacts on eqsl
but I have yet to see them.  I have sent my QSL to him for the 2001
contacts but never received a reply as per what he has posted on qrz.com.
Has anyone ever been able to get a QSL from him via eqsl or any other
source?

73

--
Alan Zack