Re: [CQ-Contest] QSL Practices and ZK1ETW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSL Practices and ZK1ETW
From: Barry <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 03:01:57 +0000
I reply to all buro cards as long as it's a new band-country.  I
typically receive 2000-2500 cards/year and I ship to the buro once a
year.  One way to save a little money is ship to the DX buro directly if
you have a sufficient number of cards.  The break-even point is 1/2
pound.  You can ship up to 1 lb. via Economy Letter Post for $4.10
(that's the new rate, effective tomorrow). 2 lbs. is $6.85, etc.  So, if
you're shipping 1 lb, it's ~$4 instead of the ARRL rate of $8.  Shipping
cards once a year, I usually do individual shipments to DL, I, and JA
buros.  Occasionally, I have enough for other countries, too.
73,
Barry, W2UP

--

Barry Kutner, W2UP