Re: [CQ-Contest] Holding a Freq Before a Contest

To: "sawyered@earthlink.net" <sawyered@earthlink.net>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Holding a Freq Before a Contest
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:13:36 -00

> I ask this to solicit opinions.
>
> I'll start with mine.  A legal activity which is not specifically
> called out in the rules should be okay to do.

"Anything not specifically prohibited is mandatory!"

All seriousness aside, I agree with you.  Winning contesting is all about
carving out advantages in skill, station design, and technique and then
exploiting those advantages within the rules.  "Level playing field" is
just another catch-phrase for those who are disinclined to carve out and
develop their own advantaged situation.

73, de Hans, K0HB