Re: [CQ-Contest] Holding a Freq Before a Contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Holding a Freq Before a Contest
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 14:49:49 -0800 (PST)
--- K0HB  <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net> wrote:
> "Level playing field" is just another catch-phrase
for
> those who are disinclined to carve out and develop
> their own advantaged situation.

I have come to agree.  I have searched for what it
would take to "level the playing field" for a long
time.  Each scenario simply unlevelled it in different
ways.  The secret to "levelling" the playing field is
to realize that it can't be...and to change the way
that we expect the results to be tabulated and
displayed (but that is a topic for another thread). :)

On the way, I'm thankful for this thread.  I've
learned much about contest strategies on HF as a
result (I'm a VHF contester).

Ev, W2EV