Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It

To: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: QRP - Get Over It
From: "Gerry Treas, K8GT" <k8gt@twmi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:39:05 -0500
John, and all,

I'm pretty sure that the ITU recommendations that were revised some
years ago were accepted by the FCC.
That is, that portable designators could be used before or after a
callsign, (or both), but that before the callsign
was the preferred method, except in specific circumstances such as the
treaty between the US and Canada
that specifies that portable designators be used after the callsign.

Since the FCC now says that almost anything may be applied after the
callsign, the /M, /MM, /P etc. should
be no problem, but could create a brief moment of confusion for us OFs
that remember earlier methods.  :-)

73, Gerry  K8GT