[CQ-Contest] R: R: QRP - Get Over It

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] R: R: QRP - Get Over It
From: "IK2DZN - Claudio Astorri" <ik2dzn@astorri.it>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:40:35 +0100
Hi Bill,

maybe my English is not good and/or clear enough but the whole point of my 3
points about QRO was stating... that they are nonsense as well as those
about QRP.

So, I am glad you are writing that a couple of them are nonsense... but I
think that all of them are nonsense... they are just sayings kept from left
to right...

I think that it is more than evident that courtesy, legal respect, speech
quality, good operation, respect for others' operation, balanced width and
other issues are CROSSOVER VALUES in contests among QRP, LOW POWER and QRO
operators.

These are all common concerns, not specific for a single category. Do you
agree with me on this basic vision?

I do not agree with you just on one point that is the FAST callsign.

First, you cannot exactly know how much interference is on your signal in a
different continent. You can be confident things are not bad if you have a
good rate and work stations quite easily but... that station in Greece might
have difficulties from another nearby station In Israel and if you are too
fast he doesn't get your call in the QRM.

So, think about others' conditions too, not only about your KWs.

Second, the milliseconds that you save saying your callsign faster than
clearly readable are minimum but it makes a big difference in seconds being
forced to repeat the whole callsign again and again... just say it clearly
once; should be OK.

Also, do not forget that your mistaken call makes your correspondent and YOU
lose time, the QSO points and win a penalty...

Thanks.

Claudio Astorri, IK2DZN