Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW User Update

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW User Update
From: "Bruce & Gaby" <ockmrzr@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 05:54:11 -0800
Simon, et al...

I recently had the opportunity to visit ARRL HQ and met the ONE man who
takes care of ALL the programming for LoTW as well as the IT services for
the entire HQ building.  Your comment is unfounded, a lot of folks have the
impression that the ARRL is staffed to the hilt, it is not!  Most staffers
have multiple jobs with in their areas of expertise.  In fact only one guy
sorts all the cards for the Outgoing QSL service, imagine how many cards he
sorts a day.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump; could LoTW be improved, sure, but how about
some patience.  I find it relatively easy to use and any time I have had
problems an e-mail to lotw-help has been responded to in less than 24 hours
and the fix accomplished usually with in the next 24.

73 de Bruce, N7TY

Bruce C. Thompson
Gabrielle T. Steinau
Coronado, CA