Re: [CQ-Contest] Somewhere in the Future

To: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>,"CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Somewhere in the Future
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:24:34 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 09:46 AM 1/27/2006, Ward Silver wrote:

>In the previous email, however, you want the directors to impose your values
>on ham radio.  Which is it now - We The People or My Way Or the Highway?
>We The People is not You The Person. What if "We The People" don't *want* to
>operate the way you think best?  What is going to change their minds?

You're making some assumptions about my attitude that are incorrect.

First, when I spoke of "We the People", I meant all Americans, not
just hams. The FCC rules should reflect what *all* Americans want,
not just we hams.

And when I spoke about "us", meaning hams, I did not mean "me" only.
I truly believe in democracy and in a democracy, I sometimes do not
get what "I" want. That's ok by me because I realize to do it the
other way (my wants first and only) would bring chaos. The ARRL BOD
should represent what all of us hams want, not just my desires.

you and most people would agree.

But maybe not. And that's ok too.

73, Bill W6WRT