Re: [CQ-Contest] radio MP vs all

To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] radio MP vs all
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:06:51 -0400
>I have graduated to the 1000D as my radio of choice now...it is a lot of
bang for the $$.

I agree.  I've had just about everything except for the new IC-7800 and
Yaesu FTdx series, and I keep going back to my FT-1000D as my rig of choice.
It hears really, really well!

I added an outboard Timewave DSP unit a few years ago for the low bands.  I
still have two FT-1000MP's but I like the FT-1000D better.  I am also one
who didn't care for the Mark V filter arrangement.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"