Re: [CQ-Contest] MLA-2500 as a contest amp?

To: "CQ-Contest MailList" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] MLA-2500 as a contest amp?
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 09:59:39 -0400
David Pruett wrote: " Not many other units will deliver a contest-grade
1000W with 160M, and do it in a 44 pound box that can be made to fit into a
suitcase."

Having just sold an MLA-2500, unless I'm getting considerably weaker, in my
advanced age, I'm positive the one I sold far exceeded 44 pounds? It had
worked fine, since 1985, in a "casual" contest environment, never exceeding
1KW, or seldom, if ever, more than 6 hours at a time.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW