Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX question

To: mike l dormann <w7dra@juno.com>, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX question
From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 09:44:49 -0400
 From the 2006 rules:

> Tribander/Single Element (TBWIRES)**:
> Tribander (any type) for the high
> bands with a single feedline from the transmitter
> to the antenna, and single-element lowband
> antennas (wires) category. During the
> contest an entrant shall use only one (1)
> tribander for 10, 15, 20 meters and single-element
> antennas on 40, 80, and 160.

Sounds like a delta loop (one element) is OK, even a
vee beam (one element).  Oddly, it seems to permit
multiple single-element antennas for 40, 80, and 160.
A set of vee beams for 40/80/160 would be interesting
...and might get the rule changed to only one (1)
single-element antenna for each of 40/80/160.  :-)

73,

Mark, KD4D