Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQ stns in

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQ stns in
From: Martin Monsalvo <mmonsalvo@lombardilujan.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:59:26 -0300
Hola José:

You are absolutely right! I believe we all should imitate the DLs
encouraging hams to join a contest. Giving certificates, or anything like
that. I believe the overall result will be truly positive for our hobby. If
we all could achieve the same we would populate the bands as we now only can
in our dreams! Attracting more and more people to our beautiful hobby.
Ham Radio has NO flags, NO boundries, and it is a real big mistake to
stablish a relation between political decisions of a given country with the
hams of that country.
As the young generation replaces the old men we will see less of this non
sense and sometimes agressive discussion in our email reflectors.
Here in LU we are concerned about getting our HQ back to life, not only in
IARU HF but in all contests!
Tough task!
73
Martin, LU5DX