Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQ stns in

To: Marijan Miletic <s56a@bit.si>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQ stns in
From: Jose Miguel Femenia Herrero EA5DFV <ea5dfv@uv.es>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:28:30 +0200 (CEST)
Hello Mario!

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Marijan Miletic wrote:

> EA5HQ:  Specialy we noted a lack of contacts with EA stations, with only 147
> EA QSO.
>
> There is a lot of hidden growth potential in here!

Oh! Thanks :-)
But, please, don't worry about that. We have 10 times more contacts with DL
stations that with EA stations:

       QSOs
==========
DL  -- 1473
W   -- 1366
UA  --  823
SP  --  495
I   --  470
F   --  422
G   --  421
UT  --  378
OK  --  332
UA9 --  251
.
.
.
EA --   147

We will be very happy if we can get the call from the others 8000 DL stations
that
called DA0HQ, hi.

Just three weeks ago, the spanish PPT free HF bands use to EC and EB (band
restricted
callsigns) stations, but this not seem important to improve the EA amount active
in international contests.

I think that the IARU HF contest is a good test to see the health of the
national
amateur radio society, and the ham radio strength in the country. I'm not worry
about
how many DL call DA0HQ or how many LZ call his HQ but I'm concerned who we can
get
5000 EA station in our log and, of course, in the other HQ stations.

73 de Jose

--
Jose Miguel Femenia Herrero  EA5DFV |  E-Mail: ea5dfv@ure.es