[CQ-Contest] SO2R with modern computers

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R with modern computers
From: "Yo3ctk" <yo3ctk@alltrom.ro>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:47:50 +0300
Hi all,

We at YR7M would like to try our hand at SO2R. We already have a moderately
competitive M/S setup, essentially equipped with monobanders and CAT radios,
along with ICE band filters, band decoders and Six Pack antenna switching
system. We're using WL software. I was looking at the DX Doubler for completing
the automation of the station. However, it seems that a parallel port is
essential for this device, and our computers are all laptops, with only USB
ports.

Is there a modern alternative to the DX Doubler (or similar boxes) that are
only using USB ports? Thanks for any hint.

73 de Mike, YO3CTK