Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R with modern computers

To: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>, yo3ctk@alltrom.ro,CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R with modern computers
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:10:51 -0400
I think I recall, however, that these usb-to-parallel adapters will not handle
setting pins 16 and 17 for CW and PTT, pin 14 for radio switching, and 3 and 4
for audio stereo on/off.  That would pretty well cripple the DXD.

The EZMaster SO2R box is currently available, and MicroHam has one coming soon
that talks directly to a USB port.  Unfortunately both are VERY pricey by my
standards.

73, Pete N4ZR