[CQ-Contest] CABRILLO AND MULTS IN NAQP

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CABRILLO AND MULTS IN NAQP
From: "Larry Schimelpfenig" <k7sv@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:48:08 -0400
There's a current discussion on the Writelog reflector regarding multipliers
in NAQP. The discussion would lead one to believe that multipliers from
North American countries external of USA and Canada don't appear in the
Cabrillo logs generated from Writelog logs.

First, it certainly appears that Writelog adds the DX North Amerian
multipliers to the log based on the prefix of the call regardless of what is
placed in the QTH column. For example, when I enter VP5B under call and
scroll to the next column, the log indicates the Q is a multiplier. When I
get to the QTH column I enter DX and hit return. It still indicates that I
have the mult.

So my assumption has always been that for US/CAN, the two letter postal code
is used by CABRILLO for those mults and for North American DX it uses the
prefix of the station.

So now in looking at the CABRILLO information on CABRILLO templates, I find
the following informaitn on ex2 whch is the QTH column:

 ex2:
QTH in NA Sprint and NAQP, USA and Canada stations use two letter postal
code abbreviation, foreign stations stations use QTH; IOTA reference number
in RSGB IOTA contests, of form aa-nnn for island stations or '------' for
non-island stations.

So my question is am I correct about how CABRILLO really determines what the
multipliers are for North American DX, or has Writelog been historically
broken in the Sprints and NAQP?

73 de Lary K7SV