Re: [CQ-Contest] CABRILLO AND MULTS IN NAQP

To: Larry Schimelpfenig <k7sv@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CABRILLO AND MULTS IN NAQP
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:52:07 -0400
Larry,

This is not really a Cabrillo question.  Cabrillo does not define how a
log is scored, only how data is formatted.  The question you're asking
has more to do with how the log-checker's software determines multipliers.

The original NAQP rules from 1986 told NA entrants to log non-NA
stations as "DX" in the location field because these stations were
non-multipliers (i.e, not a mult, but not bad either).  I think the
assumption for non-W/VE NA stations was that the country would be parsed
from the callsign itself.

But again, its all how the logcheckers set up their scoring process.
Ideally, this should be spelled out clearly in the published rules so
that nobody has to function under assumption.

Dave/K8CC