Re: [CQ-Contest] Why did the Canadians (PT5M) beat the Americans(PW5C) i

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why did the Canadians (PT5M) beat the Americans(PW5C) in WRTC 2006?
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 15:31:26 -0400
The original source for the "2 dB improvement" quote probably comes from
QST, September 1966, "Station Design for DX" by W3AFM:

"Incidentally, in progressive antenna changes at W3AFM, increments of
only 2 dB in antenna gain have opened up, in each case, a new layer of
workable central-Asian DX."

73,
Steve, N2IC