Re: [CQ-Contest] A New Perspective [was:WRTC Spot/Log Correlation]

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A New Perspective [was:WRTC Spot/Log Correlation]
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 10 Sep 2006 15:13:53 -0500
On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 13:34, Radiosporting Fan wrote:
> Contest sponsors...please, require us to supply more
> information when we submit (the subject of another
> thread <g>).  We will be able to use it to hone our
> ability to perform even better in your events.

Well, the more we *require*, the more we frustrate
less-than-computer-literate non-contesters, and the fewer log
submissions we get.

However, offering the *opportunity* to submit additional information
(for example, in the Cabrillo header) offers the possibility of more
detailed Web reporting without scaring off potential entrants.

Of course, just what information we offer to tabulate may be an
unsolvable debate...
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66