Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency Conservation

To: <asciibaron@comcast.net>,"'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency Conservation
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:56:45 -0400

> non-contesters view our exchanges as equally devoid of
> content and therefore given your logic, contesting is a waste
> of spectrum that could be better filled with awesome hi-fi
> audio transmissions coast to coast.

If you want "awesome hi-fi audio" take it to the broadcast bands.
Amateur radio is a communications service where "communications
quality" not hi-fi is the standard.  Six and ten KHz response
voice signals are like excrement in a punch bowl.  Those who
produce such should be banned from polite company - and banished
to some microwave band where there are 10s of MHz for them to
fill.

Non-contesters may view contesters' exchanges (and DX exchanges)
as devoid of content but the competition to work the farthest
or the greatest number of stations goes back to the very first
amateur radio activities (before even traffic handling, etc.).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV