Re: [CQ-Contest] Official ARRL Section Name Use on SSB?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Official ARRL Section Name Use on SSB?
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 06:47:22 -0600
> This raises a very technical question now...
>
> Does the ARRL recognize the use of "sugar
> victor" (example) as an acceptable "alias"
> for "Sacramento Valley"

If the sponsor required you to say "Santa Clara Valley" instead of "sugar
charlie victor" using phone, shouldn't the same argument be made for sending
"SANTA CLARA VALLEY" instead of sending "SCV" using code?

Operators have been using the better, more accurate technique of saying
"sugar charlie victor" for decades, and the sponsor has always allowed it.
I don't see any reason to think anything has changed.

73 - Mark, N5OT