Re: [CQ-Contest] Official ARRL Section Name Use on SSB?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Official ARRL Section Name Use on SSB?
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 19:36:33 -0000
Frankly, it doesn't matter to me as long as it's understandable. Shouldn't
Chase Volkswagens, Sexy Vixen or Sammy Joins Voluntarily just don't cut it
unless you're 40 over on a quiet band. It's not that hard to give a
recognizable phonetic oration of your callsign and the report. I have never,
to my knowledge, been misheard as VO1AG because I just said my call without
phonetics although, on CW, I do get a lot of V01HE or VO1SE.

73 -- Paul VO1HE  (59 NeverLand)