Re: [CQ-Contest] Official ARRL Section Name Use on SSB?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Official ARRL Section Name Use on SSB?
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:18:31 -0800
I never cease to be amazed at how "rules" can have a myriad of
"interpretations" from what appears to be The Gospel in black and white.

Tnx to Tom, KC1J, for his "Official" response to my inquiry to the ARRL Contest
Branch about this matter.

> I suggest you do whatever you think gives you the best QSO rate. That
> will definitely change with the conditions you encounter during the
> contest. We do use the Section abbreviations
> (http://www.arrl.org/contests/sections.abv.html) when bringing the log
> entries into our database but that doesn&#8217;t mean that&#8217;s what
> you have to use during your exchange.

Although I don't necessarily agree, I shall now consider myself to NOT be in
"Santa Clara Valley" Land, but rather an operator/resident of "Sugar Charlie
Victor" Land.

Future SS exchanges from me on SSB will be "SUGAR CHARLIE VICTOR" (the word
"Sugar" has always had less repeat requests than "Sierra").

Hmmm...I might even consider using "SIX CUTE VIRGINS" if it strikes my
fancy...whatever turns me on during the doldrum periods of a contest.

*** End of Topic Discussion ***

73...

Rick, K6VVA