Re: [CQ-Contest] Check in SS

To: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Check in SS
From: Mike Kasrich <aj9c@indy.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 06:05:50 -0500
I would guess because the SS exchange is supposed to simulate the
exchange of a national traffic system message between stations.  If I
remember correctly from my traffic net days the header for the message
is message number followed by a precedence for handling followed by
check (the number of words in the message) and then the location of the
originating station.  Oddly enough the exact exchange for SS contest
purposes with the information being more rlated to the contest than an
actual message information

aj9c.