Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer

To: K6VVA <dx35@hilding.com>, <CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer
From: <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 0:21:13 -0600
Funny thing is I'm usually in agreement with most of what Rick posts, but...

1. Don't convince us. We don't write the rules. Convince the ARRL.
2. Check: why does it make the slightest bit difference in the least what check
somebody sends. This isn't a test of how well someone can remember what year he
was licensed, it's a test of how well you copy the exchange. Period. It
shouldn't matter, in that vein, in the least what exchange is sent, AS LONG AS
YOU COPY CORRECTLY WHAT IS SENT. If someone changes their check to foil those
who would rely on databases, SO MUCH THE BETTER!

There is so much pickin' the pepper on the issue of SS exchange that I can't
believe that anybody here gives a hoot about radio. What you hear and what you
send: those are the only things that matter.

This is not to say that someone who is in ho-hum SCV (no offence, SCV, just
trying to remember from my experience which section was the most prolific)
should be able to send ND to improve his pileup rate. It is just to say that
those elements of the exchange that aren't going to give any station a
significant advantage over another (OK, maybe, only maybe, if "73" is proven to
be an advantage (by some accounts it is not) we should ask them to prove 73 as
a check) should AS SPECIFIED BY THE CONTEST SPONSOR not be an issue for DQ be
OK.

Which is kind of what the League has said. And, if you read the rules, YOU
AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE LEAGUE'S DECISION.

73, kelly
ve4xt