Re: [CQ-Contest] MIDCARS

To: "'Sean D. Fleming'" <sean@k8khz.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] MIDCARS
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:05:47 -0000
I'm not against nets either. Net have their place and emergency nets are
quite important. I am a net controller for a couple local VO nets on 80M. I
always ask if the frequency is in use first and if it is, I find a clear
frequency. Unfortunately, there are some controllers who don't. They fire up
at the appointed time and bully their way onto their frequencies.

My only advice it to operate your station as best you can; trying to follow
the rules as best you can. If you run into a problem, record it and sent it
to Riley. Be thankful you have someone like that because, up here in the
Great White North, we've got no one in that roll.

73 -- Paul VO1HE