Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted - still trying to get it right

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted - still trying to get it right
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 00:45:57 +0000
Tree said:

"There are other indicators - like what is the frequency profile of the
QSOs. For example, if the frequencies are jumping around instead of
monotonic - it could be an indicator that something is up."
Let's be very careful here. Last weekend I didn't "first call' very many
stations with the second radio. I would make note of where they were and come
back when propagation was more favorable. I'd hop all over the place calling
these guys. How would this be distinguishable from a spot chaser jumping all
over a band? In addition, I live in Minnesota. The DX I can hear is going to be
spotted, and spotted often. There's a very good chance that I am going to work
a station near the time it gets spotted. How can you prove that I was using the
Cluster? Or more importantly, how could I possibly prove I wasn't? These
"indicators" have to take into account operating styles as well as QTH.
73 Steve K0SR