Re: [CQ-Contest] Adding MS-DOS to a WindowsXP Computer

To: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>,CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Adding MS-DOS to a WindowsXP Computer
From: kb8nnu@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:57:03 -0800 (PST)
If I may add a quicker solution to the dos problem here...

MS now offers their helpful Virtual PC (2004 SP1 and 2007 beta) software for
free .  This software allows the user to to run virtual computing environments
under an XP environments.  For example, you can run a MS DOS, Linux, Win 95/98,
under a seperate window in Windows XP.  It also allows you to create virtual
HDD and ports.  Its a great utility for XP users who want to run DOS - based
software under XP.  It doesn't require any extra work to your hard drive and
the virtual HDD may be copied to another computer via a simple file transfer.
Something worth checking out...I like it!

Here's the link to the software site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

Good Luck!

Dave