Re: [CQ-Contest] Adding MS-DOS to a WindowsXP Computer

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Adding MS-DOS to a WindowsXP Computer
From: "Paul Pescitelli" <dx.k4uj@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 10:07:32 -0500
1) It is an unsupported operating system
2) It does not have a viable kernel to mutitask.
3) It is Virus and hacker prone
4) It doesn't support all the new technology, try finding drivers for
some of the newer gigabit stuff to hook contesting computer
together...

Using Win 98, while only 10 year old technology, is like using radio
gear that is 70+ years old...maybe that is your contest radio, but I
bet not...

Why create hassles? XP is as close to plug-n-play as we got for now..

Paul K4UJ