Re: [CQ-Contest] Adding MS-DOS to a WindowsXP Computer

To: <steve.root@culligan4water.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Adding MS-DOS to a WindowsXP Computer
From: "Jim Callow" <jcallow@k8ir.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 08:58:26 -0600
I had dual-boot (actually quad-boot) on my main computer until the
motherboard died last summer.  The new AMD 64 board doesn't have WIN98
drivers, so I went straight XP on it. I picked up a Dell PIII laptop, loaded
WIN98 on it, and it now is my contest computer, running TR, Writelog, and
N1MM.  Only problem is TR doesn't like the USB to serial adapters, so I use
a PC Card serial port when running TR. Now to work on  that flakey ALT
Key...

73
Jim
K8IR