Re: [CQ-Contest] I can see the difference...

To: <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>, "'Ken Widelitz'" <widelitz@gte.net>,"'Tree'" <tree@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] I can see the difference...
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 03:00:42 -0000
I have to agree with Hans. I will stipulate to points 2-5 but I cannot agree
that calling a specific multiplier or location is wrong. I am, under current
rules, well within my rights to work only those stations I wish to and to
call for those stations directly. To think otherwise is akin to saying that
you have to work everyone you hear if you S&P. That is clearly not practical
and neither is point 1.

As for point 5, acting on info overheard, I think it would be very difficult
for anyone to ignore such info in a manner such as Tree has suggested. You
do have the option to continue your run and ignore the info if it's told
directly to YOU on YOUR run frequency but if I'm in a queue for yet another
MDC and someone mentions that a mult I need is just up the band, I'm
abandoning the MDC for the new one. If that makes me a bad guy, well, I
guess I'm a bad guy.

73 -- Paul VO1HE