Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 23 Dec 2006 09:15:12 -0600
On Sat, 2006-12-23 at 02:42, Steve and Judy wrote:
> I beats me why anyone actively engaged in a contest who finds a rare
> multiplier by S&P would want to alert his competitors so that they can also
> work the rare mult !!

(sure, you wait for hundreds of posts to say the one sensible thing that
might have put an end to this waste of electrons <grin>!)

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66

(slightly more seriously, given the huge size of many packet pileups &
the inability of many callers to stop calling when the DX answers
someone else -- I wonder if the goal of the serious contestant in
spotting a mult is to distract the competition, forcing them to waste
time trying to work the mult through the huge pile of continuous
callers?)