Re: [CQ-Contest] The future of Contesting in 10 years

To: n4zr@contesting.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The future of Contesting in 10 years
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:39:09 EST

In a message dated 2/2/2007 9:15:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

In my  view, amateur radio contesting needs or will soon need a new rule -
only the  human mind may be used for real-time extraction of intelligence from
received  signals.

************************************

Be wary of getting what you ask for.

If there are to be any new CW operators in the future - unfortunately not a
certainty - it will probably be from people combining a code reader and a
speaker. Watching and listening to repetitive patterns - CQs,  5NN OH, your own
callsign - will be the start of learning code as one  recognizes by ear what
one sees on the screen.

I don't think many people will want to go through the work of learning  the
code before they operate, but some just might learn the code while they
operate.

73  -  Jim  K8MR