[CQ-Contest] busting calls due to lack of sleep

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] busting calls due to lack of sleep
From: kr2q@optonline.net
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:27:11 +0000 (GMT)
Hi all:

Well, some of us on CQWWCC studied this many years ago (20 or more?).

We found that the most busted callsigns happen when you first get on the band.

That can be:

1.  At the start of the contest
2.  Immediately after a "break" (SOAB) or sleep (SO mono band)
3.  When a new ("fresh") op sits down in the chair (Multi-op).

Back then, it seemed that your brain just needed some time to settle into the
action.
We found nothing correlating with "lack of sleep," in terms of busted calls.

Of course, lots has changed (technology for logging) since then, so it's just
one data point.

de Doug KR2Q