Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report

To: David Robbins <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report
From: Jim Idelson <k1ir@designet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:53:21 -0500
Ok, Dave. This is great stuff. But, now that you have almost completely
eradicated malicious spotting from our world, you need a new challenge.

Almost as detrimental as self-spotting, busted spotting is the next big problem
to deal with. Guys who can't copy and can't type should not be passing their
errors on to the rest of the world. So, how about some post-contest comparisons
of spotted calls against the SCP database? For those who have posted 50 or more
spots during the contest, what percent appear to be busted calls? Listed from
highest percent to lowest, that would be a good way to expose the worst and the
best!

Going a step further, when we see SO2R repeatedly spotted as S02R on or near
14.027, can we figure out who first posted the bad call, and then identify
those who in all likelihood blindly picked up the spot and propagated it
further?

73,

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir at designet.com