Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING

To: "'Eric Hilding'" <dx35@hilding.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:06:52 -0400
Rick,

> However, "in an abundance of caution" I personally want to
> get a firm, iron-clad answer to this from the Contest Sponsors.

Like you, I would want a firm ruling from the contest sponsors
and a decision on what constitutes "all equipment" particularly
as technology has the potential to change the nature of the
transceiver as we currently know it.

My personal prejudices are that the operator should also be
within the "circle" but that may not be practical for some
people.  However, in any case, the operator should be within
the same entity (or contest multiplier).  Thus an operator
in the US should not be permitted to run a DX contest remotely
from the Caribbean or other "DX" location ... an operator in
Florida should not do Sweepstakes remotely from VY1 ... even
an operator in Ohio should not contest remotely from WV.

Still, those "political" issues are separate from the technology
questions.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV