Re: [CQ-Contest] Circle Jerks

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Circle Jerks
From: asciibaron@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:27:41 +0000
> The idea is to compete within the existing rules, not change them to
> give one group or another a large advantage...

this issue is that the process to manage the various circles makes it difficult
for clubs to say who's score counts for what contest.  some operators dislike
phone contests, but suck it up and get on for the good of the club - wouldn't
it be nice to know if your fringe station was within the circle, esp. if clubs
have to resort to a "dancing circle?"

simply having a standardized boundary for the club competition would allow
clubs to clearly define their presence in a given area.  a clear presence
allows recruitment - my area is covered by overlapping circles from the PVRC
and FRC for some contests, but for others, it's not so clear if i'm wholly in
PVRC country.  which clubs do those in my area join,  FRC or PVRC?  it's not
clear without standardized methods of defining the boundaries of clubs.

-Steve, WM3O