Re: [CQ-Contest] cut #

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cut #
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:53:58 -0500
> Waiting for BOH to remind us of enne.  I'm sure he can
> tell us all how many minutes (hours) it saved him over
> the course of X,000 qso's.

Let's not be foolish enough to think that saved time is proportionate to
more contacts.  You might make some more contacts during that saved time.
You might also send more unanswered CQs.  Cut numbers also cause more
requests for repeats.  The answer lies someplace in the middle and is much
more difficult to calculate!  For an inept operator it could turn out to be
a negative number :)

I know Doug and Jose are not foolish, they're wise old farts, but you young
good looking guys don't swallow this hook, line and sinker without thinking
about it first.

Mark, N5OT