Re: [CQ-Contest] cut #

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cut #
From: Gilles RENUCCI <ve2tzt@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 20:45:18 +0000
>From my own experience during this WPX CW :

1) I have started the contest just having programmed my logging software to
have T for 0 as cut number. When I came over #1000, I became obliged to give up
and go back to original 0 because I got a NR? on one third of my contacts with
a T in the number and was needing to re-transmit manually without cut 0.
In fact, if for exemple TT6 or T98 are always well understood, it seems that
for exemple 1T23, 12T7 ot 1TT5 are disappointing for most average participants.

2) My opignon about that was made when I crossed VY2TT saturday evening (who
usually have one of the biggest rate of the contest) on 40m just at his #1999
and #2000, and he did not use any cut number...

Gilles, VE2TZT (VC2M during WPX)