Re: [CQ-Contest] cut #

To: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cut #
From: kr2q@optonline.net
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 21:55:44 +0000 (GMT)
Date: Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:39 pmSubject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cut #To:
"kr2q@optonline.net" Cc: cq-contest@contesting.com> Cut numbers are a lot of
nonsense up with which I will not put. > 5NN for RST> 599 is fine. AEON for
1509 is ridiculous. Serial numbers should > be sent in> full; all of them. When
I'm operating WPX without expectation of > winning, I> query "NR?" EVERY TIME
someone sends me a cut number, even if I > understandexactly what was meant.
(Exception: I tolerate leading > T's even though> they're superfluous.)  I am
absolutely certain that requests for > repeatsmore than negate any advantage of
cut numbers, even > without jerks like me> making it worse.> > /Rick N6XI> > On
5/30/07, kr2q@optonline.net  wrote:> >> > Cut numbers are fun.> >> > Everybody
knows and uses T (Ø) and N (9).> >> > For variety, some use "O" for Ø...it is a
welcome rhythm > change on receive> > (for me) and> > still shorter than 5
"dahs"> >> > A (1) is gaining in usage and I hope in acceptance.  It is > only
logical> > that if you use N that> > you would also use A.> >> > E (5) I think
is still reserved for use among good cw ops that > know the> > other op's> >
capability.  I would never send E (5) to 95% of the guys I > work (maybe> >
98%).  If I hear a> > top op, using E is both more efficient and (but mostly)
more fun!> >> > Waiting for BOH to remind us of enne.  I'm sure he can tell us
> all how> > many minutes (hours)> > it saved him over the course of X,000
qso's.  And he is for > real in that> > calculation!> >> > de Doug KR2Q> >> >>