Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL "endorses" cut numbers

To: "Dennis Younker NE6I" <ne6i@cox.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL "endorses" cut numbers
From: "Mike K9MI" <mike@k9mi.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:30:48 -0000
Hi Dennis...
I've noticed that TRlog and N1MM (and probably others) will log "ANE" as 195
if ANE is what you type in as the exchange. So, their smart enough to know
how to handle cut numbers. But like a lot of the others, I prefer cut
numbers not be used, outside of the "NN" in the 5NN RST.

The number 1 being sent as a J, that's one I really don't see the benefit.
I'm not the CW operator I wish I was anyway. And yes, I did pass the 20 wpm
test, but that's been over 20 years ago. And I've spent too much time
exploring other modes. Oh well.

73, Mike K9MI