[CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 04:43:21 -0700 (PDT)
I have been trying to ignore this thread but:

  0 pointers are not all zero for the contestor calling you...

  He may need you to fill that USA zone in his log... That QSO is not zero for
him...

  He may be so new that he doesn't understand the concept of zero pointers - he
is just thrilled to work you with his Butternut and 80 watts...  He will talk
to his buddys at work on Monday about working that world famous DX contestor
W3LPL (or whatever)...  It won't occur to him that W3LPL was not likely to be
the operator at that exact instant, but he doesn't care, he just knows he made
a Q he considers valuable... And I bet he will hang that QSL card on his
wall...  That QSO was not a zero for him...

  We contestors are a dwindling breed guys... Don't dump on the new guys who
aren't quite up to 200 Q's an hour...  Out of their ranks will come the super
stations 30 years from now...  Or would you rather just call CQ endlessly
because all the new guys decided the internet was more rewarding than getting
on the air and being criticised by the 'big guns'?

  denny / k8do  <definitely a wimpy little gun>