Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers
From: "EC1CT Fernando" <ec1cwg@dxhunters.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 17:40:11 +0200

>  He may need you to fill that USA zone in his log... That QSO is not zero
> for him...

I agree with Denis on this. Last CQ WW I was in Colorado with EA1BXN at
W0LSD´s station (thanks a lot, Ken). We made hundread of zero pointers and
dozen of unique calls. I´m truly convinced most of them were county hunters
or they just need us to fill their logs in any way. We heard lot of US
stations (mostly big guns) calling for outside US and Canada but we didn´t
say NO to anyone anywhere even for those who didn´t realize that we were in
a contest and didn´t care to know their names and locations (I assume they
just called us to check if they can get through ). At the end we´ve lost
about 200.000 points for several reasons and lot of time replying to zero
pointers but the most important thing is that we got A LOT OF FUN in the
contest and a nice holidays there in the Rockies. 73s all!
EC1CT Fernando
E-mail: ec1ct@ure.es