Re: [CQ-Contest] Low band antenna question

To: N7MAL <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Low band antenna question
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:53:58 -0500 (CDT)
I considered getting a Gap antenna (either a Voayger or a Titan) a while
back but read some reviews on-line and didn't like what I saw.  Evidently
they have mechanical problems as well and in some cases only remained
usable for a couple years.

I'm pretty happy with my 40 meter loop.  It is in one of the ARRL Antenna
Compendiums. It's a full-wavelength vertical loop, two turns to make the
feedpoint impedance manageable. Outperforms a dipole by far but it isn't
rotatable.  I don't have room in my yard for an 80 meter or 160 meter
version.

73, Zack W9SZ