Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R in the CW Sprint

To: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R in the CW Sprint
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:32:23 -0400
Is there maybe a semantic issue here, rather than a real one?  I thought
Howie was describing something like the following - assume starting with
calling someone on 20 while CQing on 40:

on 20 N4AF sends "N4AF" [answering N5OT's CQ]
on 20 N5OT sends "N4AF N5OT 30 Mark TX" while simultaneously on 40 N4AF
sends "CQ NA N4AF NA"
on 20 N4AF sends "N5OT 21 AL NC N4AF" while simultaneously on 40 K5ZD sends
"K5ZD" [answering N4AF's CQ]
on 40 (after finishing on 20) N4AF sends "K5ZD N4AF 22 AL NC" while
simultaneously on 20 N6TR sends "N6TR" [calling N4AF]
on 20 (after finishing on 40) N4AF sends "N6TR N4AF 23 AL NC"
on 20 N6TR sends "N4AF 33 TREE OR N6TR"; meanwhile after >5KHz QSY, on 40
N4AF sends "CQ NA N4AF NA"

That looks to me like a legal couplet on 20 and a legal single QSO on 40,
followed by >5 KHz QSY on 40 before another CQ

Where's the rule violation?

By the way, if I could do ONE of those triplets I think I'd faint dead away
in amazement.

73, Pete N4ZR