Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY

To: "'Steve Harrison'" <k0xp@dandy.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 01:43:44 -0400
> What really needs to be made clear is the rattiers need to stay
> as far above 7025 as possible. There is simply no reason at all why
> they should go below that frequency, let alone clear down to 7015,
> as I heard several loud ones do this past weekend.

That's about as likely as keeping all the CW below 14065 during
SSCW, ARRL DX CW and CQWW CW or keeping contest phone operators away
from 14.230, 7255/7258, 14.300+/-, etc. during SS Phone, CQWW SSB,
ARRL DX SSB, etc.

These are major international RTTY contests and activity will spread
as needed to find room and avoid other contest QRM.  RTTY contest
activity has probably increased by at least ten fold in the last
ten years.  What new blood there is in contesting is much more
familiar with computers than CW and the trend will only continue
to accelerate.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV