Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY

To: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:50:18 -0700 (PDT)
We need more regional events and fewer state QSO parties.

Sure, those in FL, CA, PA flourish, as do some of the others like MI, OH, TN
(sorry, I'm not going to remember them all), but many don't.  The New England
and 7-land guys have the right idea.  Maybe some of the other call areas should
do the same.

Free some slots so other contests can be moved around.  For example, I think
there's a NAQP or Sprint that lands on 40 meters the same time as the CQ WPX
RTTY contest (I'm probably getting this wrong, but there IS such a conflict
somewhere).

There are just too many contests.  Huge ones, big ones and puny ones.  They
can't all co-exist on the same frequencies.  If you move the contests around,
you can minimize the frequency collisions.  But if everyone refuses to give up
THEIR weekend, it's never going to happen.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/0, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us