[CQ-Contest] The bottom line on paddles

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The bottom line on paddles
From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:50:25 +0000
We all have our favorite paddles, iambic or not.  Bottom line, if you're
skilled, it doesn't matter what you use, especially if you're only using
them at contest speeds (40 WPM tops.)

For example, here's a pic of some of the paddles that were used at the
IARU High Speed Telegraphy competition a few years ago:
http://mysite.verizon.net/w2up3/paddles.jpg
None of these have precision bearings, low mass arms, etc. seen in some
of the pricier paddles available today.

The one in the lower right reminds me of an old Lionel train transformer :.)
BTW, the white powder is the same stuff gymnasts use to help their
grip.  Wouldn't want to get that mess on my tuning knob...
73,
Barry W2UP
--

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Newtown, PA