Re: [CQ-Contest] SS Reminders

To: K0HB <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS Reminders
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 07:55:15 -0700
On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 01:53:50PM -0000, K0HB  wrote:

> > Operating Ethics:
> > If you ask someone where a rare section is transmitting (maybe VY1JA?)
> > then you are requesting assistance and are no longer in the single
> > operator category.
> >
> > 73, Ken K5KA
> > Sweepstakes Contest Manager
> >

> What if I'm calling "CQ VY1" and someone answers "VY1JA is at 14.005", am I
> now "assisted"?

Now, why would you do that?  Seriously?  By calling "CQ VY1" you're
either hoping to get the attention of some VY1 station that would otherwise
tune by you and not give you a call (?) or you're implicitly asking for
someone to help you out and tell you where a VY1 is.  If I heard that on the
air, I'd assume that the operator was hoping for the latter, and I would
seriously lower my estimation of them accordingly.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com