Re: [CQ-Contest] re-newing the 10 meter contest

To: vo1he@rac.ca
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] re-newing the 10 meter contest
From: "Andrei Stchislenok" <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 17:20:02 -0500
I completely agree, this is a good element.
We are using Grid locators in Makrothen Contest in RTTY.
Very interesting, realistic and fun as well. You have to listen to what you
are getting.
599 or 59 are obsolete, for a long time.
After the Contest, you can calculate lots of things such as: longest
distance QSO's on each band, average length etc.

This is a good idea, I go for it. And not only in ARRL Ten meters.

73's Andrei NP3D/W2 (FN30 FN30)

2007/12/9, Paul J. Piercey <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>:

> QSO distance seems like a good element to determine point value. I like
> the
> grid square as "part" of the exchange but it is a mostly static value,
> similar to zones or sections. I feel there should always be some variable
> element that requires a non-automatic response in any contest exchange.
> Perhaps the callsign of the last guy you worked. And dispense with the
> RS(T)
> as it is meaningless.
>
> As an example, if I worked N2BJ before I worked you, my exchange to you
> would be "N7DF GN37 N2BJ".
>
> Just a thought.
>
> 73 -- Paul VO1HE

73's Andrei